I have been married to a wonderful Christian man since 1976. The Lord has blessed us with two daughters and two sons. I consider each day the Lord gives me on the earth yet another chance to serve Him.

Thursday, February 3, 2011

Corn Dogs

I had never had a corn dog in my life until I tried this.  I really did enjoy it.  My daughter Tonia loves corn dogs and that is why I decided to make them.   She also loved this recipe.


CORN DOGS 
(makes 15-20)

Ingredients:
*2/3 cup butter
*3/4 cup sugar
*3 eggs
*1 2/3 cups milk
*2 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
*1 cup cornmeal
*4 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
*1 teaspoon salt

Directions:
~Heat oil in a deep fryer or heavy skillet to degrees (Oil must be deep enough to easily cover corn dogs).
~Cut hot dog in half (regular, turkey or veggie dog)
~Roll in flour, just a light dusting.
~Place a skewer lengthwise in the end of hot dog.
~Coat dog with corn meal batter.
~Drip off any excess batter.
~Gently place 2 or 3 corn dogs in hot oil.
~Turn every 15-20 seconds, making sure it browns evenly all around.
~Cook for 3-4 minutes or until a deep golden brown.
~Remove from oil and drain on paper towels.
~Serve hot. (Can freeze extra, and reheat in microwave or toaster oven)

No comments: