I have been married to a wonderful Christian man since 1976. The Lord has blessed us with two daughters and two sons. I consider each day the Lord gives me on the earth yet another chance to serve Him.

Saturday, December 22, 2012

Spiced Cranberry-Orange Jello

This delicious recipe was given to me by my friend Mary Beth.   I added it to my many Thanksgiving day Dinner side dishes.  This would also be a great recipe for Christmas dinner.



SPICED CRANBERRY-ORANGE JELLO
(serves 10)

Ingredients:
*1 package (8 serving size) raspberry flavored gelatin
*1 1/2 cups boiling water
*1 cup cold water
*1 can (16 ounce) whole-berry cranberry sauce
*1 tablespoon lemon juice
*1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
*1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
*1 orange, peeled, sectioned and diced
*1/2 cup chopped walnuts

Directions:
~Dissolve gelatin completely in boiling water in a large bowl.
~Stir in cranberry sauce, cold water, lemon juice, cinnamon & cloves.
~Refrigerate about 1 1/2 hours or until thickened.
~Stir in the orange & walnuts.
~Spoon into a bowl or a 5-cup ring mold.
~Refrigerate until firm.



No comments: