I have been married to a wonderful Christian man since 1976. The Lord has blessed us with two daughters and two sons. I consider each day the Lord gives me on the earth yet another chance to serve Him.

Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Pork Chops with Caramelized Onion-Apple-Mushroom Sauce

I really enjoy pork chops.  I'm always looking for new ways to cook it.   This was pretty good.  I like to have some homemade (or unsweetened) applesauce, steamed green beans & a small bake potato to go with this.


GRILLED PORK CHOPS IN A CARAMELIZED ONION-APPLE-MUSHROOM SAUCE
(serves 2)

Ingredients:
*2 butterfly pork chops
*1 teaspoon salt
*1/2 teaspoon black pepper
*1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
*2 medium onions, sliced
*1 teaspoon butter
*1 (8 ounce) container sliced mushrooms
*1 large apple, peeled, & chopped
*2 tablespoons apple cider

Directions:
~Sprinkle pork chop with salt, pepper & garlic powder (I like to brine & rinse my pork chop, but not necessary).
~Spray an indoor grill or  medium skillet with cooking spray.
~Cook pork chops over medium heat for about 7 minutes on each side, or until no longer pink inside.
~In a large skillet, heat butter over medium heat.
~Add sliced onions.
~Cook, stirring often.
~Add mushrooms & apples to onions, once the onions start to turn a golden brown (about 15 minutes).
~Once mushrooms & apples are tender, add apple juice, stirring until mixed in well.
~Remove from skillet and serve over the grilled pork chop.

No comments: