I have been married to a wonderful Christian man since 1976. The Lord has blessed us with two daughters and two sons. I consider each day the Lord gives me on the earth yet another chance to serve Him.

Monday, April 25, 2011

Cajun Seasoning

Whenever I can, I like to make my own seasoning. Than doesn't happen often, but I can do it with this one. Add more red pepper flakes if you like it really spicy, less if you like it less spicy. I consider this a medium heat spice.




CAJUN SEASONING:
(makes 1/4 cup)

Ingredients:
*1 teaspoons salt
*2 teaspoons garlic powder
*2 1/2 teaspoons paprika
*1 teaspoon black pepper
*3 teaspoons paprika
*1 teaspoon onion powder
*1 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
*1 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
*3/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes

Directions:
~Stir all the seasonings together in a small bowl, until well blended.
~Store in an airtight container.
~Use as recipe calls for.

No comments: