I have been married to a wonderful Christian man since 1976. The Lord has blessed us with two daughters and two sons. I consider each day the Lord gives me on the earth yet another chance to serve Him.

Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Sloppy Joe Mix

Both my girls love Sloppy Joe's, although Autumn likes her's with Bocca Crumbles and Tonia likes hers with beef. This is a quick meal to make. Great for parties.


SLOPPY JOE MIX
(serves 6)

Ingredients:
*2 cups tomato sauce
*1/2 cup water
*1/4 cup brown sugar
*1 tablespoon worcestershire sauce (use Lea & Perrin to make it gluten free)
*1 tablespoon prepared mustard
*1 garlic clove, minced
*1 tablespoon onion, finely chopped
*1 teaspoon salt
*1 teaspoon pepper

Directions:
~Put all ingredients in a medium saucepan over medium heat.
~Stir and bring to a boil.
~Reduce heat and simmer for 40 minutes.
~If cooking in a slow cooker, put all ingredients in slow cooker and cook on low for 6-8 hours.


-Mix in your choice of 1 1/2 pounds of cooked, and drained, hamburger, venison, chicken, ground turkey, ground chicken, ground buffalo or bocca crumbles and serve on a bun (I make my own buns to make it extra yummy).

No comments: