I have been married to a wonderful Christian man since 1976. The Lord has blessed us with two daughters and two sons. I consider each day the Lord gives me on the earth yet another chance to serve Him.

Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Rice Pudding

My kids love grandma's old fashion baked rice pudding. Some like it with the raisins, some like me to leave them out. If you have extra rice from a dinner, use that rice to make pudding with.



RICE PUDDING (serves 6)

Ingredients:
*3/4 cup uncooked white rice
*1 1/2 cups water
*3/4 cup rasins
*1 cup boiling water
*2 cups whole milk
*1/3 cup white sugar
*1/4 teaspoon salt
*2 egg, beaten
*1 teaspoon pure vanilla
*1 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
*1/4 teaspoon nutmeg


Directions:
~In a medium saucepan, add 1 1/2 cups water and uncooked rice.
~Bring water to a boil.
~Reduce heat, cover, and simmer for 20 minutes.
~Soak raisins in 1 cup boiling water.
~In a medium large mixing bowl, stir together eggs, milk, sugar, vanilla, & salt.
~Drain rasins, and mix in the egg/sugar mixture.
~Gradually stir in the rice.
~Pour into a 10x6x2 inch baking dish.
~Bake at 325 degrees for 30 minutes.
~Sprinkle with cinnamon & nutmeg.
~Stir well.
~Bake for 15-20 minutes, or until knife in center comes out clean.

Variation:
`Substitue rasins for dried cranberries.
`Omit rasins.

1 comment:

King Quads said...

My Grams used to make this too. I haven't tried it yet, but we ALWAYS have leftover rice. I am going to try this one next time.