I have been married to a wonderful Christian man since 1976. The Lord has blessed us with two daughters and two sons. I consider each day the Lord gives me on the earth yet another chance to serve Him.

Monday, July 19, 2010

Indoor S'mores

I love S'mores. The first S'more I ever had was when I was a girl scout and went to camp. I've been hooked ever since. My idea of a perfect campfire is having hot dogs to roast or hobo pies to cook and ending it up with s'mores. Of course this is only better when you do it with friends and family. Sometimes the rain may prohibit you from having a campfire. Now you can make them without the campfire. I know you can make them in the microwave, but I don't like how the graham cracker gets a little soggy.


INDOOR S'MORES (serves 4)

Ingredients:
*2 full graham crackers
*4-8 marshmallows
*1 Hershey's chocolate bars, broke into thirds

Directions:
~Preheat oven or toaster oven to 350 degrees.
~Break graham crackers in half.
~Spray cookie sheet with pam or line with parchment paper.
~Lay half of the graham crackers on the cookie sheet.
~Place 1 or 2 marshmallows on top of each graham cracker.
~Place in oven and bake marshmallows are crispy brown,
3-4 minutes.
~Remove from oven.
~Place 1/3 of chocolate bar on top of the hot marshmallows.
~Quickly top with graham cracker, giving it a gentle squeeze.
~Leave on the warm cookie sheet for 1-2 minutes. This gives the chocolate time to melt.

Variations:

`Substitute chocolate bar for miniature peanut butter cups.

`Substitute chocolate bar for Caramellos.

`Substitute plain graham crackers for cinnamon or chocolate graham crackers.

`Make your own marshmallows. (yummy)

No comments: